A good game! Are the new versions only available on steam?
Trianga's Project: Battle Splash(Alpha)
A downloadable Battle Splash for Windows and macOS
(Open Beta available on Steam now. Head to Battle Splash Steam Page to Play!)
Battle Splash is a violence-free, fast-paced, action-packed third-person shooter filled with water and splashes that everyone can enjoy together.
Take your water weapons and challenge with/against your friends. Feel the frenzy as water splashes from your weapons can accidentally wet your opponents, your allies, and even yourself! The aim of this game is to create a fun, intense, and exciting shooter with no need of violence. Everyone, regardless of ages, can enjoy Battle Splash as much as they can.
Players can choose one of 4 character classes with different traits and stats so as to bring variety of play styles. These classes are also equipped with a special items based on strength and advantages of the characters. Battle Splash also allows players to equip a set of 4 weapons with no restriction for more fun and frenzy experience. The game will also feature different game modes, providing more challenges to the skilled players.
- An intense, fast-paced, action-packed third-person shooter filled with crazy water bullets and unpredictable splashes.
- Master the game with your very own skills, with mechanics inspired from arena classics like Doom, Quake, and Team Fortress 2.
- eSports-oriented designs for balanced and strategic gameplay, but with simple access to everyone: from casual players to hardcore gamers.
- Battle Splash is an action shooter, but it doesn't mean that there will be blood and gore. In fact, "Violence" in this game will be more friendly to all ages.
- Play it your way: Freely accessible water weapons for universal play styles, from traditional water balloons to futuristic water guns. But things can kick up to a notch with unique items for each girl to achieve total intensive.
- Solo? AI bots ready on the go. Have some friends? Co-op to beat the bots. Have a party? Make a supersized water fight with 32 players on large playgrounds.
- Two Large playgrounds: Medieval Town and Medieval Citadel.
- Team Free-For-All game mode.
- All characters and weapons are available.
- Single-player and Online Multiplayer via
LANInternet up to 32 players.
- Challenging AI bots for practice and comp-stomp.
Minimum System Requirements:
- CPU: Intel Core i3 Sandy Bridge for Mobile
- GPU: Intel Graphics HD 3000 for Mobile
- RAM: 3GB
- HDD: 1GB
- OS: Windows XP 32-bit SP2 or later / Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or later
- Keyboard & Mouse
- Network card for Online Multiplayer
Battle Splash is a Zero-budget project, solely made by its creator, designer and programmer: Mai Nguyen Binh Hung. He is also a co-founder of Dranya Studio, an independent video game studio based in Hanoi, Vietnam. The game is developed in 4 years and started as a small multiplayer prototype with partially completed mechanisms. Battle Splash itself is made with inspirations from water guns and classic shooters for an enjoyable experience for all ages. Currently, the game doesn't have the release date yet since the developer is still making more content.
If you're interested in Battle Splash, please share this game with your friends to get more people enjoy the pure fun of water fights. The more the merrier!
If you wish to share your Battle Splash's moment or just want to discuss more about the game, you can visit Battle Splash's Reddit here:
You can also support Battle Splash by subscribing on Patreon to improve the game:
Follow us on our splashy social media channels:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/battlesplash....
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/battlesplash
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/battlesplash
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Alpha (ColdSummer v 1.664):
(Hot Fix) - Mac OS available
- GUI: Fix Displaying Hosts, now all hosts are properly listed.
- Audio: Added Customizable Music Player by putting audio files into correct folder (please refer to "Music\Readme - Instruction.txt")
Alpha (WhiteSummer v 1.663):
(Please refer to the DevLog below for full Release Notes)
- Added Online Multiplayer Features
- Added New Map: Medieval Citadel (2nd)
- New Environment Mechanic: River
- ...and more Improvements, Changes, Bug Fixes.
Pre-Alpha 2 (Nex Gen v 1.657) Release Notes:
- Name: Battle Splash Pre-Alpha 2
- Build Alias: Nex Gen Pre-Alpha
- Version: 1.657
- AI: Improved AI's path finding to reduce AI gets stuck.
- AI: Added Simple Adaptive AI, now they can evaluate player's performance and adjusted their behavior accordingly. It's still a WIP, but proved to be promising.
- Animation: Added/Improved some animations for characters.
- Animation: Hair now can be affected by Wind, for better visual feedback.
- Audio: GUI now will play sounds.
- Audio: Added Menu Music and Gameplay Music.
- Audio: Added Simple Music Director. This system will adapt to player's performance in order to match the overall ambient of the fight.
- Game Mechanics: Added some Camera Angles for Observing other player. Press "Space" ("Jump") while in Observe mode to change Camera Angle.
- Network: Smoother network game. It's still a WIP but after some tests, it proved to be significantly better than the previous one.
- Visual: Added motion blur for better visual feedback.
- Visual: Retouched the Trail-effect of all Water Balloon for better visual feedback.
- Visual: Retouched the Splash-effect for better visual feedback.
- Game Mechanics: Re-Balancing some weapons and characters' stats.
- Game Mechanics: Increase the overall difficulty for the AI.
- HUD: Changed Teammate Indicator and Wet Indicator. It should be clearer from now on.
- HUD: Changed the HUD for better understanding the game's mechanics and improving performance.
- Animation: Fix some "crispy" hair, expected to be smoother hair and better visual feedback.
- Audio: Fixed some loud/annoying Footsteps.
- Game Mechanics: Slower mouse movement for more precise aiming.
- Graphics: Added DX9 Single-threaded Rendering Launcher for older Computer Rig (\w Intel Graphics Cards). Use this launcher to start the game in DX9 if it crashes.
- Visual: Fixed and reduced Camera clipping.
- Gameplay: Spawning too many characters at the same time might cause FPS hiccup.
- Graphics: DX11 might cause crashes for older system with/without Integrated Graphics Cards (Intel and such). If crash occurs, use the DX9 Launcher to start the game.
- GUI: There are some problems with the scroll rect, but they are not really affecting the overall experience.
- Network: When connecting to a server which has many players playing on it, the game might Not Responding for a long time. Please be Patient.
- Start-up: The game might take a long time to load (Not Responding) the first time. Please be Patient.
|Published||237 days ago|
|Tags||3D, Anime, Colorful, Funny, Multiplayer, online, Shooter, Singleplayer, Third Person, Third-Person Shooter|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Multiplayer||Server-based networked multiplayer, Ad-hoc networked multiplayer|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Battle Splash Open Beta goes Live Today! 35 days ago
- Register for Battle Splash Closed Beta today! 53 days ago
- Battle Splash Alpha for Mac OS X is now available! 105 days ago
- Battle Splash ColdSummer (v 1.664) Released - Bug fixes and Cusomizable Music 109 days ago
- Battle Splash enters Alpha Stage, with now supports Online Multiplayer 117 days ago
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
I'am Vietnamese and my English is not really good. This game make me feel so bad. Why it is always CRASH? Plz give me some explaination. Thank you.
Hi, so sorry about that.
May I ask you when did the crash occur? Did it say anything about the crash? Did it automatically close the game or was it just Not Responding? If it's just about Not Responding then please be patient, the game takes time to pre-caching data so that you'll have the smoothest experience possible. If it said it had "crashed", please follow the instruction how to report a crash.
One more thing, could you provide your PC specs? I've tried to support the lowest PC specs possible, but limit is still limit. Thus, older computer rig might not be able to run the game, as the game require a Core i3 Sandy Bridge for Mobile or better.
The problem was "It just Not Respoding". Yesterday, I downloaded this game to play. It was OK until I choosed the character, then it began to "Not Responding". I was very patient and waitting for it. It took me too long so that I dozed for a while. After that, it still "Not Responding" but it did not automatically close the game. I tried to restart the game but there is no result at all.
About my PC: Wins7 Ultimate
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz
RAM: 2,00 GB
System type: 32-bit Operating System
Please tell me if there is any problem. I'm wondering is that my PC specs? However, thank you for your help.
Hi, unfortunately your system does not match the minimum system requirement of Battle Splash, so sorry about that.
Here is the full list of the minimum system requirement:
- OS: Windows 7 32bit
- Processor: Intel Core i3 Sandy Bridge for Mobile
- Memory : 3 GB RAM - (your is 2GB of RAM)
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphic 3000 for Mobile - (by default, i3-2100 came with Intel HD 2000, so unless you have a better card, you can't run the game properly)
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 2 GB available space
Thank you very much for supporting the game!
Having a bit of an issue, i got onto two different servers and each time the camera panned straight up and i was not able to move get it to center.
Hi. If you have a controller connected, then please check your controller. If you don't have any, then it's possible that you're in Observing mode.
If you did not select any character, you'll enter Observing mode, which manually alter your camera for tracking other player's look direction. The list of playing character is on the right, which helps you to observe a specific player. Click on Character Select for start playing, or if you want to continue observing other player, just click on Resume. In Observing mode, you can press [Space] for changing observing mode.
;-; Why does it take a while to load the options screen?
Hi, sorry for the long loading Options Screen. The reason is due to some API changes in the game engine, the game's code and GUI design have not been updated to adapt with these changes. This problem is being addressed right now, and it will be fixed/improved in the future versions of Battle Splash.
I can only play on two maps but on the list there are many more!!! Hows can i play the others? ;(
why i cant play the game?
when i start the game....all is black
Hi, it is a known issue that the game might take a while to load at first, depending on your computer.
The game will tell you if it crashes, otherwise, it was busy doing some background processes.
When the next releases
Hi. There is no fixed date for the next release yet. It will be released when it's ready.
This game is awesome!!
But why can I play only two of the maps?
Thank you very much!
The game is still in Alpha stage, so there are only two maps. More are being developed at the moment.
Just added the 1st person
Battle Splash is determined as a Third Person Shooter, so there is currently no plan for official First Person support. Since the game was targeted for all-ages and everyone, First Person Camera will more likely cause motion sickness than Third Person.
Modding support is intended to address this issue. It is expected that you can create your own characters as well as maps, game modes, etc... However, Official Battle Splash Maps/Modes/Character will provide limited Modding support because of various reasons, so you can only have it your way when you create your own map, own character, own mode, etc...
A yes indeed I did not see that it was in the category 3rd person but to come back to you that you di on the creation of character sela will be well fun and useful for everyone then the creation of map can not be played Than solo? And then I give you some idea to make the minimap would be well then add new weapon is taunt because there is no mi for the moment has se I see
I apologize if you can not understand it I answer you using a translation software because being French I do not speak aps too English
- More Characters and Weapons requires designing, testing, balancing, or even Story, etc... Because of that, the current number of characters and weapons now are considered as "enough", new characters or weapons will only be introduce if they are properly tested and/or proved to be enjoyable/compatible with the current game. However, every map is a different mechanic and design, result in different tactics and approaches. This will be the key to win the competitive game modes later.
- For the official Battle Splash, in order to maintain balance, only character's or weapon's appearance can be modded. This means that they will behave as the original one, they only look different than the official release. If you want a total new look, a total new game to play, you'll have to make your own map and game mode.
- Minimap was a feature that got introduced in the previous version of Battle Splash, but it got removed since version 1.663 because of two reasons. First, the current HUD already handles team mate display, and the fast-paced nature of the game requires constant attention to the center of the screen, so Minimap will be a great distraction. Second, Battle Splash maps will be designed to be as intuitive as possible, there is almost no dead-end, so you can easily get to anywhere you want just by going directly toward it.
- Taunting animation will be implemented later in the game, since there are a lot of other jobs to do: voting, banning, private server, etc... In addition, this one will also be related to modding and communication, so there are actually a lot of things to do.
I hope that you can understand my answer. I'll try my best, but I cannot guarantee anything 100%. After all, Battle Splash is a big Ambition, while I'm just a small man. Regardless, thank you very much for your support!
I understand that it is not simple to get that I understood you was alone to develop game is I understand that is not very easy but with the help of the community is of some idea the game can advance The faster I'm French I try to help as much as possible by giving some idea but there is the barrier of the language which blocks me so I am obliged to use the translation but sela will not stop me from giving but idea
If not continue as its is the game to go far there is already great French youtuber who played your game as SQUEEZIE youtuber of 8 341 789 subscribe therefore sela makes you pub for your game.
Sorry not to be able to support you by donations (I am young is I is not money but some I would have a donation)
What are the commands please?
Hi, if you're talking about the console command, then there is not much I can share, since it's only for development purpose, and not intended for user. You can, however, type in "show_FPS" (case sensitive) to show your current FPS in game.
Some commands will be available when the modding enters Beta Stage.
Just I kiff your game continue I can not put money to support you because I do not and but continue as its
WOW! Awesome! Thank you very much for the article! I very appreciate your support, it means a lot to me!
All jokes aside, this game was actually a lot of fun! Cool little idea, reminds me of Super Soakers and Nerf Guns :P
just launched the game for the first time, I hope it dosen't dissapoint :P
It'd be better to make the girls wear bikini :p
So, bikini pls
haha have just donated you guy :D remember to do your best!
try to PR your game on some youtuber's chanel like BH,... and make sure they know how anwesome this game is :]]
Thank u so much about this! I hope you will have a great time with Battle Splash Alpha Version. Have a nice day!
3D video side by side
haha ủng hộ người việt
Are you Vietnamese ? :v
Yes, I am Vietnamese. However, I'd love to keep the conversations here in English so that everybody here can understand. It doesn't matter how good you are, just enough for people to understand, then I'd be very grateful.
Yeah, that right. So.... do you know BHGaming (The drop god :v) ?
Well that was fun, wish the beta had more maps though, nearly crashed pc with 50 bots running around XD.....
The only down side is, it doesn't have many weapons (but the once what are there is really fun to use) and theres noone online :(
Except that, i can't wait for the game to be on steam, good luck XD
Thank you very much and We're really glad that you've enjoyed the pre-alpha version of our game. Currently this build only playable in LAN, but we're working on to integrate the multiplayer with Steamworks. Hope you'll keep supporting us by following our progress. :D
I Really hope you get this game on steam before they disable greenlight :/
But..... if you need that funding to put this on steam, am sure theres tons of people willing to help XD
at the lower res settings there are graphical errors like the options dont show, etc
game also crashes on my computer, ill try to fix it so i can play
Hello @Jesseinator1000. What's your PC specs?
i love this game so much I only have two questions are there going to be a wider verity of battle characters and weapons ? Is there going to be more of a customization option for the classes in the future?
Well, we will consider that in later development phases. We really love to add more things like what you suggested, but we also have to calculate carefully about the balances in overall experiences since it's a both PvE and PvP game.
This game is so fun, I wish I had friends so I could play with them, it's the ultimate friend party game!
Thank you very much! We're really glad that you enjoyed Battle Splash. :D
in a comment at the bottom I shared a link to a community that plays this game among others, you can join, ask to play. I'm still hoping to record a game with 12+ human players sometime!
Here's the livestream of Battlesplash which we did once I found the game on itch.io! :D
there is another way to pay for the game? i have tried to pay for 2 days in both Chrome and Edge. the site just keep spinning after i pressed "Review and continue" :((. I downloaded the game and it very funny but there are some locked map.
Hello, LiemAkatsuki. Our current pre-alpha build only has one map as we're still making more contents for this game, thus there isn't any full version available yet. However, your donation is very appreciated for the development of Battle Splash project.
i think i can afford to donate for you guy because i think this is a good game from our country and i would like to play this game like a real fun-to-play game in the future :3
I enjoy your game i love this i love water shooter thanks for this game i love this because why i love your game? you making a bots thats why i love this game awsome!!!
Thank you so much! Glad that you enjoyed our game and we hope that you can keep supporting us by following Battle Splash in later development stages. :)
Hey, I see that the game is really polished! Keep it up! It is for this that arose more smaller game studios, I am the founder of one study, which begin to develop. I wish you good luck in further projects. According to me, the game deserves add it on Steam Greenlight. Regards
Thank you so much for your words. Speaking of Greenlight, we have been lit back in December 2016. You can check our Greenlight page below:
Very nice, here's a starter guide that explains the different classes and weapons.
Which button activates the microphone? What are the controls? I so far only figured out Q and G in addition to WASD/12345/SHIFT. Can I switch to first person camera permanently?
The basic control of Battle Splash is with the following keys:
WASD - Moving Characters
Shift (hold) - Walk
1234 - Change weapons
5/G - Wield special item
Q/E - Change shoulder camera
V (hold) - Microphone
Also, this game doesn't have first-person camera.
Thanks! It also seems like the server browser might not be working. I'm going to host (and livestream https://www.youtube.com/user/iwanPlays/live ) a game in about 15 minutes though and we'll do voice and normal chat via https://discord.gg/CN2MYQc (discord is a modern alternative to IRC, primarily for gamers) we'd be honored to have you there if you're available :D